Market landscape studies, also called Usage and Attitude studies (U&As), are a fundamental research type that provide an overview of the market landscape, aiming to understand and measure beliefs and practices.
Key business objectives
- Describe and understand current disease perception and management
- Identify the relevant local or international guidelines, if any, and evaluate to what extent practices differ from guidelines
- Understand the role of each healthcare professional (HCP) in patient management and evaluate their weight in treatment decisions
- Describe and understand the awareness of current treatments, perceived strengths, weaknesses, and associated patient profiles
- Identify the most promising novel treatments and their potential impact in the treatment decision process
- Identify unmet needs and reveal opportunities